Your library membership allows you to request up to a maximum of:
- 4 Inter-Library Loans (ILL)
- 20 Regional One Library requests per full membership.
Requests may be made in person, via the online catalogue, by phone or email. The minimum time it takes for an inter-library loan to arrive is 2-3 weeks. It may take longer if the item is on loan or has other requests. When a requested item arrives, you will be advised according to your preferred method (i.e., e-mail or SMS).
Please remember to:
- Request only items that are required.
- Research to identify you are requesting the right item.
- Request series items individually, as items ordered together may not arrive together.
How to guides
Go to our library catalogue
- Log in using your library card number and PIN.
- Search the catalogue for the item you want.
- Click the Place Hold button. A window will pop up with the item you are requesting.
- To complete the request, click Place Hold and OK.
Send requests directly to us from the SLWA website by following these steps:
- Access the State Library of WA catalogue: http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/
- Search the SLWA catalogue to find the item you want to request.
- Click on the envelope icon on the right to email the requested item to us.
- Email your request to: email@example.com
- In the ‘Subject’ box enter your name, library card number and your pickup location (Bunbury or Withers). For example – John Smith CL204B2468137D Bunbury or John Smith CL204B2468137D Withers. PLEASE NOTE: Without this information we are unable to identify you or your preferred pickup location.
- Click Send and then OK.
- You can keep searching for additional titles following the steps above. Please note there is a limit of 4 requests at a time for full memberships.