Artists can approach BRAG at any time to apply for an exhibition. All proposals are assessed by the BRAG Curatorial Team, based on the principles and objectives of the BRAG Exhibition Policy.
Artists can also show their work at BRAG by taking part in our regular prize exhibitions, including the Bunbury Biennale, Noongar Country and South West Art Now. Call-outs for these exhibitions are published through our email newsletter and social media channels. Keep your eye out during months:
- June/July - South West Art Now / Bunbury Biennale
- March - Noongar Country (open to Indigenous artists residing on Noongar Country)
Our program of exhibitions also includes touring exhibitions which include the work of WA, National and International artists. Touring exhibitions are sourced from various organisations such as Artisan, Art on the Move and IASKA, amongst others. Where possible BRAG provides letters of support and critical feedback to artists seeking to submit exhibitions for touring.
Information for Artists
Up to two A4 pages which outline:
- The exhibition concept. (What is the exhibition’s purpose, and what does it aim to achieve?)
- The scope and type of work. (How many artists and artworks will be included? Will these be paintings, works on paper, sculpture, textiles, installations, audio- visual, etc?)
- Your target audience and approach to public engagement. (What does your exhibition seek to attract? Who is likely to visit? What kind of events might accompany the exhibition?)
- How the proposal aligns with the princi- ples and/or content of the Exhibitions Policy (contact us for a copy).
- One page CV for each participating artist and up to 15 images of indica- tive artworks. Please also consider which gallery space you might prefer for an exhibition and when you would like to exhibit. BRAG usually schedules exhibitions 18 months in advance.
- There is no gallery hire fee.
- Artworks in BRAG exhibitions must not have been shown in the South West for five years prior to your proposed exhibition.
- If work is for sale, BRAG takes a commission of 33% on all sales.
- Exhibitor must have the legal right to loan the artwork to BRAG for public display.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their work.
Upon acceptance of a proposal BRAG will:
- Enter into a written contract with the artist which identifies the responsibilities of the artist and gallery, and the dates and timeline for the organising of the exhibition.
- Accept, unpack, condition report and install artworks.
- Promote the exhibition by way of social media, online content & email newsletters.
- If applicable, coordinate a public program in consultation with the artist.
- Produce wall labels and a didactic using content provided by the artist.
For further information on submitting an exhibition proposal please contact the Gallery on 08 9792 7323 or email email@example.com.