Save the date! Everyone's favourite festive event - Christmas in the City 2023 - in Bunbury on Sunday 10 December. Returning to a one-day format, this year's event includes the popular Street Parade and Carols Concert as well as activities happening throughout the day.
Published 26 September 2023
Food trucks, market stalls, sideshow alley, outdoor cinema, Christmas decoration-making workshops and so much more are being planned for the day. All of the fun will be taking place at Bicentennial Square and the Graham Bricknell Music Shell with the parade weaving its way through the Bunbury CBD.
Rumour has it Santa may even be making a special appearance so mark those diaries and watch this space for more information.
- 11am to 8pm: Food Trucks, Christmas Activities, Stage Program, Christmas Carnival and Markets
- 12.10pm: Midday Screening of The Grinch (with subtitles)
- 3.30pm to 5pm: LiSTNR Street Parade
- 6pm to 8pm: Christmas Concert
Watch and wave to the LiSTNR Street Parade as it makes it way through the Bunbury CBD at the new time of 3.30pm to 5pm!
10am to 9.30pm
- Blair Street from Haley Street to Clifton Street
- Symmons Street from Victoria Street to Blair Street
12pm to 3pm Event bump-in, Float Assembly Location
- Wellington Street from Victoria St to Wittenoom Street
- Wittenoom Street from Wellington to Prinsep Street
- Prinsep Street from Wittenoom to Victoria Street
1pm to 3pm Victoria Street partial closure
3pm to 7 pm Temporary closures for Parade:
- Blair Street from Stirling St and Clifton Street
- Victoria Street from Stephen Street to Clifton Street
- Prinsep Street from Wittenoom Street to Haley Street
- Haley Street full length
- Wellington Street from Wittenoom Street to Haley Street
- Symmons Street from Wittenoom Street to Blair Street
- Clifton Street – westbound only Blair Street to Wittenoom Street
1pm to 3pm
- Victoria Street partial closure for fencing installation
Drive and Park – click here to see where you can park and accessible parking options.
Wittenoom Street carpark will be closed for all users from 6pm Saturday 9 December and reopen by 7pm Sunday 10 December.
All vehicles parked in Victoria Street from Clifton Street to Prinsep Street must be removed by 2pm Sunday 10 December.
Access to the Centrepoint carpark adjacent to Bicentennial Square will be restricted from 3.30pm until the completion of the LiSTNER Street Parade 5pm.
All vehicles parked at Blair Street Foreshore carpark ( Koolambidi Woola ) must be removed by 9.30am Sunday 10 December.
Blair Street Foreshore carpark ( Koolambidi Woola ) will be closed for all users from 9.30am Sunday 10 December and will reopen by 9.30pm Sunday 10 December
- There With Care Support Solutions Chill Out Areas ( Under 13 years and Seniors)
- Variety of craft accessible craft activities – see program
- Subtitles on the outdoor movie The Grinch
- Event-specific communication boards installed throughout event venue
- Download digital concert songbook
- Lyrics displayed on screen during Christmas concert
- Variety of food trucks
- Accessible parking and access to bus service
- Accessible venue – ramps and paved footpaths and toilets
- Lost children wristbands
- Event Communication Board handout (clickable link)
Click on the link below and download the lyric book for this year’s Carols Concert.
- Little Drummer Boy
- Joy to the World
- The First Noel
- Silent Night
- Mary Did You Know
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Go Tell It
- Away in a Manager
- Christmas Medley
- Angels We Have Hear on High
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Taking place from Friday 8 to Saturday 9 December! This December, come explore the excitement that is the Christmas Carnival. Meet giant Santa, enjoy amusement rides, carnival games, food and show bags – there is something for everyone.
$8 to $10 per game and $8 to $15 per ride. Hosted by: Cloutz Event Hire
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on this much-loved community event.
Christmas in the City is part of our Summer Lovin' program of events!
A jam-packed program of exciting things to do in Bunbury sure to keep everyone entertained during the summer months.
Check out what's happening by visiting the Summer Lovin' page of our website.