Bunbury City Council has endorsed seven priority topics to advocate for on behalf of our community.
Published 01 November 2023
The City will use the seven advocacy priorities to help represent the views and concerns of our community to ensure our community’s voices are heard on matters that are important to them.
The priorities include advocating for:
- Sustainability and climate change initiatives.
- Increased financial support of regional sporting, arts and cultural facilities.
- Funding for a Bunbury destination marketing campaign to leverage from the investment being made in the Bunbury Outer Ring Road.
- The Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area to be development ready.
- Increased affordable housing options in the City of Bunbury.
- The City of Bunbury to be the preferred site for economic development outside of the Perth metropolitan area.
- Stanley Road to be a key element of the South West regional waste management solution.
The City advocates every day on behalf of our community, however these priorities will further help our efforts particularly when interacting with stakeholders like State and Federal government.
The seven priorities have been developed after listening to our community’s feedback and identifying opportunities within our Corporate Business and Strategic Community plans.
To find out more about each of the priorities and desired outcomes visit the link below.
The priorities will be reviewed annually and the City will roll out further information and updates on our advocacy priorities to our community, so watch this space.