Skip to main content
City of Bunbury


Lodging Houses

A lodging house is any building which makes provision for the lodging of more than 6 persons (exclusive of the family of the owner (keeper) or manager), for hire or reward e.g., short term hostels such as backpackers.

Lodging houses are registered on an annual basis with the City.

Lodging houses are inspected regularly for compliance with the City's Health Local Laws to ensure acceptable sanitary standards, emergency provisions and pest control are being maintained.

Should you wish to open a lodging house, you will need to complete the following applications.

Note: please ensure you obtain the appropriate planning and building approvals.

If there is a change of ownership, you will be required to complete the below notice of change of owner form.