Skip to main content
City of Bunbury


Owner Building

Photo by cetteup on Unsplash

You may be considering building as an ‘Owner Builder’. If the value of works exceeds $20,000 for a class 1a or class 10a building, you will need to apply for a building permit.

Prior to applying for a building Permit, you will need to obtain your owner builder registration with Department of Mines Industry and Regulation and Safety.