There is plenty to do in the school holidays in the City of Bunbury, with programs and activities hosted by Unleashed, Bunbury Public Libraries, South West Sports Centre, Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, Bunbury Wildlife Park and Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre.
The Unleashed school holiday program offers 10 to 17 year olds a range of activities that target specific skills and interests, providing participants the opportunity to have fun while developing new skills.
Registrations open Thursday 12 December at 9am for the January line-up:
· SWSC Mural Art – Monday 13 January
· Harbour Explorer – Wednesday 15 January
· Bunbury’s Biology – Monday 20 January
· VR Experience – Wednesday 22 January
Bunbury Wildlife Park
Adjacent to a fully inclusive Big Swamp Playground and the Big Swamp wetlands nature reserve, the Bunbury Wildlife Park is a whole day of entertainment at a very low cost. Visit the beautiful native Australian animals in the Park, hand feed the kangaroos and birds, order a delicious lunch from the Wildside Café to enjoy in the playground. Finish your day off with a peaceful walk through the Big Swamp Wetlands seeing how many swans and turtles you can count. Free keeper talks run at 11am and 1pm daily during school holidays and weekends.
Bunbury Wildlife Park entry fees: Adults $11.00, Children $5.50 (2 and under are free), Concession $8.50 and Family Pass $29.00.
Bunbury Regional Art Gallery (BRAG)
There is so much happening at BRAG in the Summer holidays. Visit the BRAG Facebook page for more information about these free events:
· City Art Collection Talk at BRAG – Wednesday 8 & 15 January (1pm-3pm)
· Art Gallery Tours (All ages, children must be accompanied by an adult) – Sunday 12 & 19 January (2pm)
· Saturday Artist Talks – Saturday 11 & 18 January (2pm)
· Public Art Bike Tour – Saturday 11 & 18 January (8.30am-10am)
· How Did I get Here Exhibition Opening with special guest Famous Sharron – Friday 18 January (6pm)
South West Sports Centre
South West Sports Centre has the kids covered with our programs running over December and January! They run several children specific programs as well as being open for recreational swimming and sports activities.
· Little Lappers Holiday Swim program has four series running in January 2020. Click here to find out more
· Vacation Care runs from 8am to 5.30pm and costs $58 per day before CCS. For full information including enrolment and parent handbook click here.
· Kids Club – let us look after the kids while you work out from as little as $5.10. Bookings are essential. Click here for more information.
· Jitterbugs Crèche is open Monday to Saturday throughout the year for you to leave your little ones with us while you work out, or maybe just enjoy a Coffee and relax at our Aquarian Cafe! Find out more here.
Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre
· Pop Stick Ship – 7 January (10.30am-12pm) – free for ages 6 to 12 years
· Stories in objects, writing your way into history – 16 January (10am-2pm) – for ages 12 to 17
· An introduction to analogue film photography and film development – 22 & 23 January (10am-4pm) – free for ages 15+
Places are limited. To book any of these events or to find out more, search on Eventbrite or click here to visit the Museum’s website
Bunbury Public Libraries
Keep the kids
entertained these holidays at your Library! The staff at the Bunbury Libraries
have been busy planning fantastic, fun-filled and creative school holiday
activities for kids.
For more information and bookings, check out our events on Eventbrite, Facebook or by calling us on 9792 7190.